[ale] Man Pages

Andrew Newton lfs at eskimo.com
Wed Jun 12 08:41:28 EDT 1996

Andy wrote:

> Randy Spain wrote:
> >
> > I have just installed InfoMagic slackware ver# 2.5 April 1996. I am having a
> > few problems.
> >         I can't get the man pages to work.
> >         I loaded the x-windows, but the display is bigger than my screen, is
> > there a way to fix this?
> >
> > Any help is appreciated!
>
> I had the same problem with man pages on the Slackware vers 3.0 I
> installed several months ago.  I don't recall exactly what was missing,
> but when I went back and installed more packages, it fixed the problem.
> Not very precise, but maybe it will help..
> --
> Craig McDaniel

Now that I think about it, I think Randy's problem may have been caused by some
advice I gave him over the phone.  I told him to install the A and AP series but
since he was low on disk space to forget about the F series because that's just
the FAQ's and HOWTO's, right?  Actually, I think the F series also contains the
man pages.  The actual man program got installed from one of the first two series
but the actual pages did not and that is the problem... at least I believe that
is the problem.

Andrew Newton
Andrew.Newton at automatedlogic.com
lfs at eskimo.com