[ale] Weird stuff with PC

Steven A. Duchene sad at hpuerca.atl.hp.com
Fri Jun 7 12:10:28 EDT 1996

I wrote:
> |	No, this probably means you have your sound card configured one way
> |	under Linux and differently under DOS/Win95 and when you do the
> |	warm reboot from Linux to that other OS the drivers aren't able
> |	to recognize the state the card is in. It's most likely a case
> |	of dumb Win95/DOS drivers that can re-initialize the sound card.

You replied:
> This says to me that (1) the Win95/DOS driver are not DUMB if they are
> able to re-initialize and use the card; or (2) you
> could have chosen better wording to say this.  8;)  (No wars, please.)

OK, I had a typo. I meant to say, "It's most likely a case of dumb
Win95/DOS drivers that can't re-initialize the sound card."
		       ^^^^^

When I saw this later when the post cam back to me I thought it was pretty
obvious what I meant but now I see some may have still missed it.

--
Steve DuChene              sad at hpuerca.atl.hp.com               1-800-633-3600

	       The HP North American Response Center, Atlanta
		   X/Vue/xterminal/graphics support team
    		    I am an employee of Hewlett-Packard.