[ale] Weird stuff with PC

Steven A. Duchene sad at hpuerca.atl.hp.com
Thu Jun 6 18:33:51 EDT 1996

> When I boot up linux then reboot the PC and go into win95, my SB  drvier
> complains about incorrect command line options.  When I power the PC
> off, it works fine.
>
> This is like trying this:
>
> reboot
> rm -f
>   -f unkown option!
>
> power off
> rm -f
>
> It works fine.
>
> Is this strange?

	No, this probably means you have your sound card configured one way
	under Linux and differently under DOS/Win95 and when you do the
	warm reboot from Linux to that other OS the drivers aren't able
	to recognize the state the card is in. It's most likely a case
	of dumb Win95/DOS drivers that can re-initialize the sound card.

--
Steve DuChene              sad at hpuerca.atl.hp.com               1-800-633-3600

	       The HP North American Response Center, Atlanta
		   X/Vue/xterminal/graphics support team
    		    I am an employee of Hewlett-Packard.