upgrading Vee's PC memory

R I Feigenblatt docdtv at tiger.avana.net
Sun Jan 21 18:39:40 EST 1996

>Another thing you might want to look into is those simm holders that
>allow you to "piggy-back" lower capacity simms onto one simm.  I've
>never tried it before.  Has anyone here tried it?

I haven't tried this either, but a merchant who might have sold some
to me said they don't always work, because of inadequate buffering of
the extra line capacitance. (The buffering the products use varies.)

Another person said the main reason they are trouble is that people
use them in towers, where the torque on the SIMM socket is just enough
to cause intermittent problems.

PC Magazine and/or Byte usually carry numerous ads from people who sell
these piggy back gadgets.

Ron