ELM

MARY L. EVANS mlevans at hamlet.uncg.edu
Sun Jan 21 02:35:37 EST 1996

 I'm having a slight problem with ELM and ONLY one user account on my
machine.  Whenever i login under the acct "mntlcase" i get this error:

Waiting to read mailbox while mail is being received:  attempt #0

 It attempts 7 times then gives me this error:

Giving up after 7 iterations.

Please try to read your mail again in a few minutes.

 I've looked everywhere for a lock file or something that would be
preventing it because i can still use ELM if i login under any other
account.  I have removed the mntlcase acct and recreated it and it still
doesn't work.  Also, is there a program like the old "userdel" so i can
delete users more easily than editing the passwd file and deleting their
home directory.

tia,
  MC