Rm Alias?

Omar Loggiodice ologgio at vrainn.com
Wed Jan 17 14:55:48 EST 1996

MARY L. EVANS Writes :
:
:Hello All!
:
:I was wondering....Is there a way to set up an alias for every user that
:cannot be changed? I want to set up an alias for rm eg:
:
:alias rm="mv /lost+found/$USER"
:
:I want to do this because I lose alot of things and would like to have
:them there. Is there any way? (I want it to be like that for all my users).
:
:TIA!

Hi Mary,

    You might also want to check /pub/linux/utils/safedelete-1.3.tar.gz in
gatech. It has some of the deficiencies that Mark mentioned (about handling
special files), but it has a set of tools to manage 'safedeleted' files
(like deleting them after a configurable period of time, writing and
managing logs, etc).

   BTW, this is one of the oldest Unix questions, and typically you get a
myriad of answers :) <g>

   IMHO, the only proper solution to this type of problem is having
filesystem support to manage deleted files (similar to what Novell, VMS, and
some other Unices have).

Best regards,
   Omar

            /   __  __  __  - __  __ / - _  __  ologgio at vrainn.com
  Omar R.  /__ /_/ /_/ /_/ / /_/ /_/ / /_  /-_  CIS: 74040,1543
                  __/ __/
___C++/6_yrs____Virtual Reality/4_yrs____Vorl_____Linux(free)_______
Let your objects freely talk to each other