[ale] limiting access to e-mail aliases

Juan Bou Riquer. juanb at cancun.rce.com.mx
Fri Dec 20 15:21:25 EST 1996

Hello, I use the next scrip to send mail to every mailbox in my system, it
is very easy to implement and you can chmod 744 to be run only by root, I
have the script at /root

#! /bin/sh
cd /var/spool/mail
for i in *
do
mail -s "Aviso Importante" $i < /root/mensaje
sleep 10
done

this script will send a copy of the file /root/mensaje to all the mailboxes
names in /var/spool/mail, I needed to put the sleep 10 to send a message
every 10 seconds to prevent overflow of the sendmail program, this will be
different at your system, I use it to send a message to more than 1500
users only writing the meesage I want to send in /root/mensaje, my system
takes about 5 hours to generate the mail to every user and I usually start
it at night

Juan Bou