[ale] another X question

Matthew Avery matthew at nas.nasa.gov
Tue Dec 17 15:40:59 EST 1996

I have two programs that goof up when I set the display to
my Linux machine.  Paradise netrek and ANSYS both work fine
on the SGI's but if I set the display back to my Linux machine
some of the child windows don't have any borders around them.

I've posted this question before and the only response I got was
that I had to recompile the source to those applications with
a modification to some xlib routine controlling child windows but
I really don't think that's the answer.  I can run these apps
just fine on the workstations and every other program I can think
of runs just fine through X11R6.  I thought it might have something
to do with fvwm configuration.  Any clues?

Thanks again,

-Matt-