[ale] Redhat 4.0 and metro-x

Vernard Martin vernard at cc.gatech.edu
Sun Dec 8 03:30:34 EST 1996

> Has anyone had trouble with metro-x and redhat 4.0?

> I can't seem to get it to work.
> I have a diamond stealth 64 vram video card with 4m.
> The only mode that I can use is standard vga.  According to their docs,
> my card is supported.
> I did email redhat, but I thought that I might get a quicker response from
> here.

I used metro-x that was included in redhat 4.0 for a while. I have a
Diamond Stealth 64 with 2MB of dram and it worked in the standard
resolutions with no problem. I did have difficulty getting it to do
1152x900x16bit so I eventually switched back to XFree86 and now get my
desired resolution with no problem.

Vernard Martin, High Performance Parallel Computation and Experimentation Lab
(vernard.martin at cc.gatech.edu) http://www.cc.gatech.edu/people/home/vernard/
College of Computing, Georgia Institute of Technology, Atlanta, GA 30332