[ale] checking for speed

Geoffrey Myers geof at denali.abraxis.com
Fri Dec 6 23:22:50 EST 1996

}Hey ale
}
}This is a general question, is there away to determined modem connection
}speed with linux?
}
}I am using 28.8 modem but not sure what speed I am connecting to my ISP.
}
}rkl

I don't know about while connected, but with my USR 28.8, after
disconnecting I can send 'at i6' to the modem and get all kind of
good info including the last connect speeds.  Two speeds are listed
to and from.  I guess you could put the modem in command mode while
connected and do the same thing.  I'm not sure, I believe you can do
that.  Anyone else?

By the way, my 14.4 does not recognize this command so I don't know if
it is specific to USR's or what, you can try it.

--
Until later:
Geoffrey Myers   geof at abraxis.com

	Opinions expressed by me are mine, all mine, only mine.....