[ale] I'm stupid, not RedHat.

Andrew Newton lfs at eskimo.com
Thu Dec 5 20:22:47 EST 1996

My problems have been solved... here are the answers.

1)  Microsoft Bus mouse not working... I replaced my
Taiwanese knock-off inport card with the real thing
from Microsoft and now it works.  Should wish I had
tried that before I recompiled the kernel.  Funny thing
is that the cheap inport card worked find under Windows.
That's why I never suspected it.

2)  Can't mount /dev/sdc as CD-ROM.... Where the hell
was my brain!  Eric pointed out that CD-ROMs are
/dev/scd0!  Works great... lasts a long time.

3)  Text mode equivalent of kernelcfg and netcfg from
control-panel.... there is none.  But Zot sent me some
sample scripts where he did this same thing.  I haven't
tried them, but I think it'll work.

It's been a long day!

 Andrew Newton
 Andrew.Newton at automatedlogic.com