[ale] rights and security

Todd B SanMillan bain at crl.com
Thu Apr 25 10:35:01 EDT 1996

On Thu, 25 Apr 1996, David Hamm wrote:

> I need to  have 4 groups of users on my Linux Internet server.
> 	sysusers
> 		users
> 			employees
> 				customers
> I want the sysusers to have free reign over the other groups files and
>the users only to have free reign over the employees and the customers
>files and the employees to have fre reign over the customers files.  How

There may be a better way to do this, but one way would be to give people
multiple group memberships.  Make admins members of users, emp. and
cust.; make users members of emp. and cust.; make emp members of
customers and set up all the files for group permissions that you need.
One problem with this approach is if you don't want users to have free
reign over users files.

Todd SanMillan