[ale] linux on notebook

Tsannhui Chu tchu at glenatl.glenayre.com
Thu Apr 18 16:46:45 EDT 1996

Help! I tried to load linux on a notebook, a pentium notebook with
built-in CD-ROM and floppy drive, I loaded the linux 1.3.81 boot disk and
slackware 3.0 root disk (color setup), it went O.K., it detected my 1.2 hard
disk and CD-ROM drive (at hda and hdc), but when I login as root and
typed setup, configured the system, i.e. make swap, select target, ...
etc., some how it gave me error message:

"end_request: I/O error: dev 02:00 sector ##"

I used different floppies, still got the same error message.

Does anybody know what caused the problem? Do I have a bad floppy drive.

Thanks for help.

Tsannhui Chu - email: tchu at glenatl.glenayre.com