[ale] Boot Problem

Todd B SanMillan bain at crl.com
Sun Apr 14 12:49:17 EDT 1996

Okay, this is a new one for me.  Any help on what it means? And where to
look to get help on fixing it?

xd_geninit:detected Western Digital 1002AWX1 Controller type 2 at address
000e0000
xd_wd_init_controller:unsupported BIOS address 000e0000
xd_geninit: detected 0 hard drives (using IRQ 5 & DMA3)
kernel panic

What is xd_geninit and what is it probing for?  And there is no WD hard
drive controller, but there is a WD Video card.  Is it finding this? I
doubt it. I have a Seagate HD controller, the WD video card and a cheap
SIIG floppy/I/O card.  All this hardware has worked together before, with
the execption that the SIIG is a warrantry replacement of the one that
was in there before.  But that was 2 years ago, about kernel 1.1.35.

Thanks,
Todd SanMillan