[ale] CGI not executing

David Cleveland Haynes gt9900b at prism.gatech.edu
Tue Apr 9 23:24:24 EDT 1996

        I have just installed Apache ( latest version ) as my Web server.
I am able to open and interpret HTML pages on my machine, but do not seem
able to execute CGI scripts. I have the following in my HTML page:

    <FORM METHOD=POST ACTION="/cgi-bin/test.cgi">

      ... ( buttons, input boxes, etc.,. )

    <INPUT TYPE="SUBMIT" NAME="logon" VALUE="LOGON">

      ... ( more form stuff )

    </FORM>

   When I click on "logon", it does NOT execute the Perl CGI script. Instead,
my browser reads the Perl script as a text file and prints the Perl script
( as is ) to my browser. How do I setup Apache ( or ANY web browser, I've
tried several ), to EXECUTE CGI scripts ?

   btw - I read the Apache documents and have already added "ExecCGI" to
         the Options line. I have also tried the "All" option with no luck.

				Thanks,
				   David Haynes