[ale] xfinans

Todd B SanMillan bain at crl.com
Mon Apr 8 20:18:02 EDT 1996

Okay, I downloaded all the stuff I need for the expo.  Had to upgrade
Perl, Tk, *and* Tcl to get it all working.  Well almost all.  I have this
problem with xfinans.  It loads up fine and I can do most actions , but
after a lillte while (less than five minutes, but I am not sure whether
it is a time thing or an action thing) I lose the ability to select
anything from a drop down menu.  Any clues as to suspects?  The menus
drop down, but they lose the highlighting and selecting something has no
effect.  This is a real show stopper, 'cause much of the interesting
features are in the menus, like being able to search for a transaction,
print, do plots, graphs, and reports, changes options, assign
catagories...you get the idea.  So what do I need to upgrade now :)?
(No, Mr SanMillan, we don't know what is causing that problem, but if you
will just give me your credit card number, I can have an upgrade in the
mail tommorrow.  I'm sure that will fix the problem.  That and a new
mouse and another 16 Megs of RAM.  And have you tried it with the
computer facing South?)

Todd SanMillan