[ale] Partition table wet (not completely hosed)

Unix Guru Dude geof at denali.is.net
Thu Apr 4 22:28:48 EST 1996

}Somehow in the process of upgrading from a 386sx20 to a 486dx2/66 VLB, I've
}manage to worry my partition table.  Lilo hangs at LI because the partition
}table has problems.  I can boot off a LILO floppy, but I worry that having
}my partition table in a mess is a messy crash waiting to happen.  Is there
}any way I can fix this without scrapping everything and starting completely
}over?

I had a similar problem.  I have Windows 95 as my 1st partition on my first
drive, so that is where I have LILO.  I ran some Norton utilities stuff on
it and it apparently hosed up LILO.  When I would boot, it would lock up at
the LILO prompt.  I booted from a disc, reinstalled LILO and that corrected
my problem.  You may want to take it one more step by recreating your LILO.
Hope this helps..

--
Until later:
Geoffrey Myers   geof at denali.is.net   eiger at ichange.com   gamyers at attmail.com

	Opinions expressed by me are mine, all mine, only mine.....