[ale] Kernal Panic

Jeff Haynie jhaynie at dresden.com
Thu Apr 4 06:05:45 EST 1996

On Thu, 4 Apr 1996, Chris Ricker wrote:

> If this was a development kernel, just wait for the next release and that
> should fix it.  I've gotten that a couple of times in the 1.3.7x series,
> and the next release always fixed the problem.
>
> Also, fire up cfdisk and make sure the nc flag is not set.  That can cause
> problems as well.

I took a look at make config again and noticed I forget to say yes on
ext2 support and when I recompiled and rebooted, everything was fine.

However, we had the network alias support patch on the last kernel
(1.2.3) and aliasing was working fine, now the new kernel (1.3.68 - I
know it's development) doesn't seem to support the ifconfig eth0 alias
xxx.xxx.xxx.xxx command, however the kernel is suppose to support IP
aliasing ...

Anybody using a 1.3.X kernel with IP aliasing successfully?

Jeff