[ale] ftp install of linux

Unix Guru Dude geof at denali.is.net
Tue Apr 2 07:04:31 EST 1996

}I dunno if Greg Hankins is going to appreciate me telling this ;-).
}
}I had my hard drive quit on me the other day.  I figured that since I had
}to reinstall everything anyway (I don't have a tape backup drive), I might
}as well try the new RedHat 3.0.3 out.  All I had to do to install it was
}make a boot and two root floppies, reboot with them, and point it at
}ftp.cc.gatech.edu to do an ftp install.  It was very fast--I installed
}about 300 megs worth of packages in a little under an hour.  If you're
}wanting to upgrade linux, but don't want to buy another cd (or can't get a
}copy of the latest ones yet), I highly recommend you try the ftp install.
}I was very impressed with how smoothly and quickly the install was.
}
}later,
}chris

This 'ftp install,' is it only certain distributions that support it?
I mean you would have to have all the TCPIP stuff already installed right?

--
Until later:
Geoffrey Myers   geof at denali.is.net   eiger at ichange.com   gamyers at attmail.com

	Opinions expressed by me are mine, all mine, only mine.....