Term question

Jerry Swann Jerry.Swann at oit.gatech.edu
Fri Jan 20 00:05:48 EST 1995

> From: Todd B SanMillan <bain at crl.com>
> Subject: Term question
>
> The make seemed to go fine, no errors, but when I run term -r it says
> 	none of the following found
> 	/u19/bain/.term
> 	/u19/bain/term/.term
> 	....../.term
> and so on for about 8 more dirs. What is .term? I didn't see it in the
> docs anywhere. Is it the same as .termrc(I don't think so, I copied the
> sample TERMRC to both .term and .termrc and it gave the same error) Any
> clues?

'.term' is referring to a directory, not a filename.  The individual lines
are refering to alternate places for that directory to be found.  Please
note it doesn't need all those directories to exist to run, it just needs
for 1 to exist.  You should put your termrc in "$HOME/.term".

I've used term before and was pretty happy with it, but it has been awhile.

	-Jerry
--
Jerry.Swann at oit.gatech.edu                     Georgia Institute of Technology
  Computer Operator II--Office of Information Technology/Technical Services