Kernel 1.1.59 and 32megs Ram

Robert L. Harris sysrlhx at panther.Gsu.EDU
Mon Jan 16 17:39:32 EST 1995

Problem:
  I am running kernel 1.1.59 and had 16 megs of ram... Ran nicely. A friend
fried his motherboard and gave/sold me his ram (16 megs) to put me at 32...
The problem is I can't run linux now... It boots (mbr boot manager) and does
the drive checks. It finds my scsi drive but when it gets to go past there
to where I think it checks the amount of memory available it locks. I let it
sit for over an hour and no luck... I also re-compiled with 16 megs to make
sure it wasn't compiled with the limit to below 16 meg option....

  Anyone have any help ??? PLEASE... I ran linux with 32 megs on a 386 and
it was nice then... I'd really like to get it running on my 486...