SCSI disk problems?

Nick Danger danger at Armstrong.EDU
Thu Jan 12 08:26:56 EST 1995

 I recently picked up a SCSI disk. 400 megs CDC. I formatted it for DOS
and ran all sorts of test and its fine.
 I booted linux, ran fdisk, and then mke2fs.
 Now, if I run e2fsck it will say "clean, no check" but if I force one,
the system will lock-up (only either a power off/on or press the reset
button). This happened while writing alot of information to the drive
after I got it formatted. (Why I started with the checking.)

Im running Red Hat Linux. Kernel 1.1.45 (or is it 6).

 Does anyone know if there is some wild SCSI problem? I would like to use
this for Linux and not DOS.

-Nick

Nicholas Brenckle                    |  Its all part of my master plan to
Armstrong State College              |             Rule the World.
Computer Information Services        |
brenckle at Armstrong.Edu               |           Dont Dream it, Be it.