Linux 1.1.77

Linus Torvalds Linus.Torvalds at cs.helsinki.fi
Sat Jan 7 08:33:27 EST 1995

I just uploaded linux kernel v1.1.77 to ftp.cs.helsinki.fi in the
directory pub/Software/Linux/Kernel/v1.1, both as patches and full
source.  I also uploaded it to ftp.funet.fi (and I put the 1.1.76 kernel
there as well).

NOTE! This patch looks larger than it is, but that's mainly because
quite a few files have changed places in order to make porting easier to
other architectures.  Notably the "drivers/FPU-emu" directory was moved
to "arch/i386/math-emu".

NOTE 2! diff/patch isn't very good at moving files, and you'll have to
remove the empty subdirectories etc on your own.  If you don't want to
do that, just get the full new tar-file, and make sure that you remove
all traces of your old source tree before unpacking.

Actual changes apart from porting:
 - ide-driver update: mainly cosmetic fixes
 - PCI detect routines
 - IO address registration fixes ("register_iomem()") and better output
   from /proc/ioports.
 - modules built only by "make modules"
 - sbpcd 3.0 update
 - more lp.c updates.
 - major timer cleanups in the networking code
 - 3c501 driver update
 - various modularization fixes
 - SLIP cleanups

Uhh.. I guess nobody will believe me if I say I'll try to get a
code-freeze going soon?

		Linus